Mauricio Zambrano-Bigiarini is a Civil Engineer and PhD in Environmental Engineering, with more than 15 years of experience in water resources. In particular: development, implementation and assessment of hydrological models.
I'm currently working as a full-time professor at the Department of Civil Engineering of the Universidad de La Frontera, Temuco, Chile
Current research interests
- Use of satellite-based estimates of precipitation for drought monitoring and hydrological modelling.
- Spatio-temporal analysis of droughts in data-scarce areas.
- Global optimisation applied to hydrological models (PSO, DE, SCE-UA, SCEM, DREAM).
- Global sensitivity analysis of hydrological models (Sobol’s, Morris).
- Use of open-source tools for management and analysis of hydro-meteorological data (R, Qgis, Grass).
- Development of R packages for hydrological analysis.
Member for 46 days
1 profile view
Last seen Mar 28 at 12:45