I need to design a VoIP network topology for a customer and I need a software that can do as that famous Windows one, don't remember the name.
Options that comes into my mind as alternatives to Microsoft Visio:
- Gliffy: http://www.gliffy.com/uses/network-diagram-software/
- Dia: https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Dia/Download
- Cade: http://www.weresc.com/cade.php
- Diagram Designer: http://d16912502.u227.surftown.dk/DiagramDesigner/Templates/
- yEd: http://www.yworks.com/en/products_yed_gallery.html
Some of them will require to download extra Template objects, that have the network topology symbols.
If you want something to emulate your network behavior and planning, CORE could be a solution: http://www.nrl.navy.mil/itd/ncs/products/core