Recently I have come to believe a number of unusual occurrences that have happened while running a Parted Magic Live CD, are the result of running out of space on the RAM based filesystem, namely:
- Folder contents disappearing, only to reappear later
Mount-gtknot showing single mounted drive/not allowing unmount (While bash
mountcommands function normally)
- Firefox freezing, then seemingly freezing the GUI.
- My Firefox session recovering as if the browser crashes at each clean close
- Loosing last x minutes of Firefox session history
- Sound/clipboard redirection intermittently not working in
...Not despite the SpaceFM warning of no space to store state data AND some of these problems disappearing only after moving some files off the filesystem.
Problem being, I am not sure how to (at least) keep an eye on the "space" left of the filesystem (Note: There is no entry for the
/ partition in the output of
fdisk -l or
mount), let alone (assuming I am right that the filesystem space not being relative to the system memory, that I had been monitoring with
conky) how to go about increasing the sizing ?at boot time?
P.S Thought it most appropriate to tag this question with parted-magic, ramfs (or tmpfs... Not sure how to identify which one is in use) and low-disk-space like tags, but alas there doesn't appear to be any of them. If the community doesn't want to create one/all, please feel free to suggest other tags that others feel are appropriate.