How does searching work in Gnome 3.8.2? Why when I search 'power' (Press Super key and type 'power' one-by-one) I get LibreOffice Impress? And 'po' returns Document Viewer, Rhythmbox, SElinux Troubleshooter, OpenJDK Policy Tool, Software, Automatic Bug Reporting Tool, even Mouse & Touchpad and Notifications comes before Power, why is this?
I think the new Gnome search functionality still can use some work. It seems to do well suggesting frequently used programs, and separates the actual programs from settings. That said, some guesses for why those results come up for 'po'... took some thinking and Googling. Most were not obvious to me, either.
- Document Viewer: Postscript
- Rhythmbox: Podcast
- SElinux Troubleshooter: Policy?
- OpenJDK Policy Tool: Policy
- Software: Pretty broad... maybe searches software for 'po', or could be "Popular"
- Automatic Bug Reporting Tool: maybe just 'po' in "Reporting"?
- Mouse & Touchpad: Pointing device, Pointer, etc.
- Notifications: Popup?