Problem Description - Unable to print
Device name : HP LaserJet M1005 MFP USB printer
OS : Linux 3.8.13-1-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT x86_64 GNU/Linux
Error Description :
- Cups is working well and fine.
- I am able to access localhost:631
- Hplip is installed
- Tried to print a PDF file.
- After issuing print command, the print queue shows the error
"Processing - Not connected?"
- Further exploration for the print job error led me to an error "Filter failed"
What I have tried so far :
- Removed and added the printer through the cups web interface
- Tried installing the printer using hp-setup under root.
I am not sure what to do at this point. Could someone please tell me what to do or atleast where to look next to have a chance at solving my problem...