I am trying to install and setup the Linux Kernel on my Raspberry Pi Linux Kernel. I've referenced the following website: https://www.raspberrypi.com/documentation/computers/linux_kernel.html.
So far, I've run the following commands on my raspberry pi in the following sequence:
- sudo apt update
- sudo apt upgrade
- sudo apt-get autoremove
- sudo apt install git bc bison flex libssl-dev make
- git clone --depth=1 https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux
- cd linux KERNEL=kernel7 make bcm2709_defconfig
- make -j4 zImage modules dtbs
- sudo make modules_install
- sudo cp arch/arm/boot/dts/*.dtb /boot/
- sudo cp arch/arm/boot/dts/overlays/.dtb /boot/overlays/
- sudo cp arch/arm/boot/dts/overlays/README /boot/overlays/
- sudo cp arch/arm/boot/zImage /boot/$KERNEL.img
- sudo apt install git bc bison flex libssl-dev make libc6-dev libncurses5-dev
- sudo apt install crossbuild-essential-armhf
However,I encountered the following error when executing the command at point 14.
Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming. The following information may help to resolve the situation: The following packages have unmet dependencies: crossbuild-essential-armhf : Depends: gcc-arm-linux-gnueabihf (>= 5.3) but it is not going to be installed Depends: g++-arm-linux-gnueabihf (>= 5.3) but it is not going to be installed E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.