I have 2 NICs: eth0 & eth1 on a host OS which runs some VMs (LXC) under it.
- The hosts eth0 is connected to a private network and configured as the primary interface.
- The hosts eth1 is connected to the DMZ.
- Each VM has a static IP that bridges to eth0 on the host.
- Some VMs, which need a public IP, have a 2nd virtual NIC bridged to the hosts eth1.
- Can I remove the IP address on the hosts eth1 NIC? The host has absolutely no need for a public IP address, I only need to bridge the interface to selected guest VMs. It's the guest VM which will host a service on whatever public IP its assigned.
Cursory attempts at removing the IP on the hosts eth1 have generated errors.