I downloaded linux mint 20.2 official iso file and wrote it in to usb flash drive. I disabled secure boot in bios and booted from USB device.
Than I get GRUB 2.04 menu with these options:
- Start Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon 64-bit
- Start Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon 64-bit (compatibility mode)
- OEM install (for manufactures)
- Check the integrity of the medium
No matter what I choose it will result in to irresponsive black screen.
What should I do to make it boot and make functional install ?
Thank you for help
PS: Notebook islenovo S740 with Nvidia graphics card
- I tried to force integrated graphics in BIOS. This did not change anything.
- The compatible mode has
nomodesetas parameter. When I choose it I get same result.
- Yes I did checksum and image is matching published hash
nouveau.noaccel=1in compatibility mode does not change anything
- I downloaded and tried to install Linux mint 20.2 edge with
kernel 5.11issue still remains