I've been following the Linux From Scratch book and just need to fill some gaps in my understanding of cross compiling Linux.
Where a toolchain has already been built for the target machine, is the following the general sequence of jobs needed for cross compilation?
- Create the file system hierarchy for the target
- Compile the standard library for the target machine and install into the target's file system
- Compile the kernel for the target machine using the standard library that was previously compiled for the target
- Create an image from the target's file system
- Run the image on the target machine