I can't seem to figure out how to get
mbsync to work with OAuth for Gmail because I can't get
mbsync to find the xoauth2
sasl plugin on Ubuntu.
I'm fairly confident that everything about my
mbsync config for OAuth is working correctly (e.g. manually testing the PassCmd successfully generates an access token)
edit: I have installed
sasl-bin via apt, and https://github.com/robn/sasl2-oauth from source.
- How can I manually "register" a
mbsync? (aka add it to the list of 'available' SASL mechanisms in the first log pasted below)
- Could this issue be due to another component in my "email stack"? Some threads I've read suggest recompiling mutt from source, but I don't understand why mutt would be causing auth problems.
mbsync installed via
nix-env, I haven't been able to get past
C: 0/1 B: 0/0 M: +0/0 *0/0 #0/0 S: +0/0 *0/0 #0/0 IMAP error: selected SASL mechanism(s) not available; selected: XOAUTH2 available: GS2-IAKERB GS2-KRB5 SCRAM-SHA-1 SCRAM-SHA-256 GSS-SPNEGO GSSAPI DIGEST-MD5 EXTERNAL OTP CRAM-MD5 PLAIN LOGIN ANONYMOUS C: 1/1 B: 0/0 M: +0/0 *0/0 #0/0 S: +0/0 *0/0 #0/0
I've also tried reinstalling
mbsync/isync from apt, as well as building
isync from the source. Both of which result in the following error.
Notice: Master/Slave are deprecated; use Far/Near instead. C: 0/1 B: 0/0 F: +0/0 *0/0 #0/0 N: +0/0 *0/0 #0/0 Error: SASL(-1): generic failure: Unable to find a callback: 32775 C: 1/1 B: 0/0 F: +0/0 *0/0 #0/0 N: +0/0 *0/0 #0/0