I have been working on some tasks and I used
utime to limit execution time of some procedures. It was working well at first, but after few calls it stopped. I checked
history so I could see what could cause it, but have not found anything suspicious:
1952 time find /usr > users 1953 less users 1954 ulimit -a 1955 ulimit -t 1 1956 time find /usr > users_limited 1957 time find /etc > etc_limited 1958 sudo time find /etc > etc_limited 1959 time find /Desktop > cos 1960 time find /home/two/Desktop/ > desktop 1961 ulimit -t 1; time find /home/two/pycharm-community-2020.2.2/ > pycharm 1962 ls 1963 less pycharm 1964 rm pycharm etc_limited users_limited desktop cos 1965 ls 1966 ulimit -t 1 1967 time find /usr > users_new 1968 utime -t 1; time ../../pycharm-2020.2.2/bin/pycharm.sh > pycharm 1969 utime -t 5; time ../../pycharm-2020.2.2/bin/pycharm.sh > pycharm 1970 utime -t 5 1971 utime
It stopped working exactly in execution of 1969th instruction, then I started receiving
bash: utime: command not found in following calls. I use Debian 10.
I already tried:
- checking whether my
$PATHwas changed anyhow, but it was not;
type utime, first one returns
time is a shell keywordand the latter
bash: type: utime: not found.