The issue that I'm having is that headphones plugged into the 3.5mm jack on the front of my desktop computer are not always detected. I'm running Ubuntu 20.04 on a custom built computer with a B450 Tomahawk motherboard. I'm certain that the issue is with Ubuntu 20.04 because the issue was not occurring (as far as I'm aware) when the same computer was running 18.04.
The steps to create my problem are:
- Be running computer with headphones disconnected using another audio output.
- Simply plug headphones into computer but headphones don't appear in sound settings.
- By suspending and unsuspending the computer, the problem is usually fixed and headphones will now appear in sound settings.
Some things that I've tried:
- Performing a fresh install of PulseAudio after removing all configurations.
- Unmuting the device in
alsamixeras in https://askubuntu.com/questions/1230819/how-to-fix-3-5-mm-audio-jack-not-working-after-upgrading-to-20-04
- Overriding the headphone jack using
hdajackretaskas in https://askubuntu.com/questions/818111/ubuntu-16-04-front-headphone-jack-not-detected
Any help would be greatly appreciated!