I am developing a POS System and I am planning to use Linux. My requirements are as follows
- UEFI Support. (Running on x86 and x86_64)
- No Storage Drive so completely running on RAM and persistence storage data(Around 1 MB) will be in ESP (EFI System Partition)
- A GUI Application displaying options for POS.
- Wireless connectivity (Not immediately but eventually)
- No installation required. (Just copy kernel and initrd images to ESP along with systemd-boot and good to go.)
I have been able to run Minimal Live Linux (https://github.com/ivandavidov/minimal) where kernel and initrd images are stored in EFI System Partition. It could connect to Wired Network and I could login to Bash.
Next step is to load GUI (XOrg or Something else) and add my own GUI application.
I am stuck at a point where I want to create a initrd image with GUI support.
Any pointers on that direction?