I have an X1 Carbon (Gen) running 5.7.12-arch1-1 kernel with Wayland/Gnome. When I click to select text in any application, the mouse tends to lose the depressed click before I have finished selecting the text. When I move the mouse more slowly, the select process is more reliable. It is like the input from the mouse is not being consistently registered or that the act of clicking and holding the mouse is somehow being forgotten.
The problem seems to vary in severity. This problem did not exist when I first installed Arch but I am unable to diagnose what installation/upgrade caused the change. I have a Logitech USB mouse plugged directly into the laptop usb port.
I am at a loss to figure out how to debug this problem. I have only recently switched from Ubuntu to Arch so even knowing what logs to look at is challenging. Any pointers, suggestions gratefully received.