here is my example, here I am logged in as root
- created a group using groupadd command called as devel.
- created two users dev1 and dev2 using useradd command. useradd -g devel dev1 useradd -g devel dev2
- passwd set for both users
- su dev1 ... now I create some files and directories.
- su dev2 .... ls /home/dev1 response is ... Permission Denied
I am new to all these things, request somebody to help to find ways in order to access files and directories. Also please let me know, how to edit files for which explicitly the chmod 774 kind of permissions are provided, since in present scenario i just get "permission denied" error.