So, I think I broke my SSH config and I didn't know enough about how it works to be doing what I did in the first place. I will try to be detailed as possible.
I am in a Databases class and we have to SSH onto the CSUF ECS server
shell.ecs.fullerton.edu in order to work on a project using MariaDB. It was working fine in both
PuTTY, as well as FTP using
FileZilla. Unfortunately, I decided that wasn't good enough and wanted to try some GUI programs to edit the database, including
LibreOffice Base and possibly more that I have uninstalled and can't remember.
I believe the problem I'm having was caused when I attempted to create an SSH key that appeared to me to be required by
Sequeler and a couple others. At the time, I wasn't entirely clear on what this was, or how it worked and I just followed instructions from a github page on how to create one and link it to the github account. I have tried removing the keys (RSA I believe is the name of the type) I created using ssh-keygen and added using
ssh-add -d ~/.ssh/id_rsa and
eval "$(ssh-agent -s)". My professor advised to also erase the server fingerprint from the known_hosts file in the same folder. Some other forum posts led me to think that perhaps there is an issue with some "keyring" program or another, but I can't seem to find any of them. I was thinking I possibly ended up with a GNOME keyring or something because of the apps I installed, but the only one I seem to have is
gpg-keyring. The weird thing is, I also seemed to be entirely blocked from the
ecs.fullerton.edu domain even in just the HTTP web browser. I was thinking maybe my gateway was blocked by the remote server or something. But oddly enough I can still SSH on my phone. Using my parent's
Windows desktop with
PuTTY doesn't work though (I am on my laptop running
Arch Linux on a home network).