I'm getting the dreaded hash sum mismatch error when running sudo apt-get update:
Failed to fetch http://ftp2.nluug.nl/os/Linux/distr/kali/dists/kali-rolling/main/binary-amd64/Packages.gz Hash Sum mismatch
What I've tried
- A lot of different mirrors
- Make my phone a wifi hotspot and run apt-get update. This just used a different mirror
- Removed everything in /var/lib/apt/lists and then run apt-get clean apt-get update again
- Changed server in sources.list to https
- run apt-key to refresh the key
In the end I downloaded the latest kali virtualbox image and still the same!
Downloaded the latest virtualbox VM image and the same again...
Also, maybe related is that it seems I'm unable to clone some git repos anymore:
git clone https://github.com/aircrack-ng/rtl8812au
Cloning into 'rtl8812au'... remote: Enumerating objects: 116, done. remote: Counting objects: 100% (116/116), done. remote: Compressing objects: 100% (76/76), done. error: inflate: data stream error (incorrect data check)B/s fatal: pack has bad object at offset 6162461: inflate returned -3 fatal: index-pack failed
Is there anything else to check for?