I would like to run Mathematica notebooks on a remote Linux Mint machine. What I do:
- Connect Via VPN to the university network
- Start xLaunch (xMing)
- Start PuTTY and enable X11 forwarding (connect via SSH)
- start a new session with tmux and run mathematica which due to xLaunch opens in a window
- Open my mathematica file which I previouly copied to the Linux Mint machine.
- Evaluate it.
- Mathematica lags like hell, I can't even scroll and editing the file is no fun.
- If I loose my internet connection and try reconnecting to my tmux session I get this error message: "Mathematica has received the signal: SIGSEGV and has exited."
- Is there a better and lag free way of editing/running mathematica files remotely ?
- How can I make sure that I can reconnect to my session without killing mathematica?