I run OpenSuSE with KDE, with 2 screens on the same laptop. I would like that, when I launch an application, it opens directly into the second screen, but instead, it is opening into the laptop's built-in screen. I searched for an option in the app link creator, but found nothing. What can I do?
The only way I know to do this is at the granularity of an "application by application" basis. For example, try this:
- Right-click on the window's title bar of an application you've already launched (specifically, have it be an application that should always launch into screen 2).
- Click "More Actions" from the context-menu.
- Click "Special Window Settings" from the sub-context-menu.
- Click the "Size & Position" tab if it isn't already selected by default.
- Check the "Screen" checkbox (shown in the 3rd section).
- Select "Apply Initially" from the drop-down-menu that's right of "Screen".
- Type the screen number into the remaining textbox that's right of the drop-down-menu mentioned in step 6. Note: it will probably be "2" (without quotes).
- Click the "OK" button.
Close the application and try launching it again. Did it go to the correct screen?