At the very least, you need the following:
- Your Eclipse download package or the Eclipse installer.
- A relatively recent JDK (hopefully the most recent would do), from here
- The GTK3 libraries.
You probably don't have the latter, and you're not root, and let's not assume a relevant binary package is available, so - you'll have to build GTK3. To do so, you'll need:
- The GTK3 library sources - from here.
- A bunch of associated library/package sources, from the same location:
- Additional packages libraries, with appropriate minimum version versions:
Let's hope those don't have further unsatisfied dependencies on your system.
Also, you're likely to find sources compressed with the
xz tool. You might not have it, and your
tar may not support it. Look for an online converter, or get:
xz utility, from here