I run Xfce. When I attach an external monitor to my laptop and enable it as a secondary monitor, all my open windows are moved to it from a primary display.
How to configure Xfce so that open windows stay at primary display?
This is the detailed sequence of steps I perform:
- Plug in external monitor
- Open Xfce Display Manager
- Choose "Extend to the right":
- Click "Advanced"
- Rearrange displays (I put an external secondary "Lenovo" monitor above my primary "Chimei" laptop display)
- Mark my "Chimei" laptop display as "Primary display":
- Click "Apply"
- I would expect that my open windows stay on the primary display, but in fact Xfce moves them to the secondary display.
- Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS
- xfce4-display-settings 4.12.0 (Xfce 4.12)