As simple KVM server I've got to store raw and qcow2 images on special path like:
I want to know what's the best practices for file system and mount options to set this path for achieve better performance.
- File system is it better to be
- Which mount options must be set for that file system.
For example I use
ext4 and set
I also set disk bus to virtio and cache bus to none and io mode to native.
- It's all about to store on standard HDD or SSD or NVMe storage. (Not NFS/ZFS/Cepth or etc...)
- Tips like using(or not) LLVM or Software raid or Hardware Raid will be great.
- If I want to have RAID better to guest machine handle or I choose different path like
/kvm-storage-1/image.rawand raid it inside vm ?