I am using octave under debian. Everything is working ok.
I would like the octave-programs to finish faster. My "CPU usage monitor"-icon (LXDE) shows that, while octave is calculating, only about one third of my CPU is used.
Is there a way to configure the system to use more CPU for octave's calculations?
-- UPDATE --
Extra info: Looking at
htop as my program run I have the following:
- the CPU has 4 cores and 7.71GiB RAM.
- from the beginning until before plotting, one core (apparently random selected) is used at 100% and the others at below 2%.
- after plotting begins, another core (apparently also random selected, sometimes the same) is used to 100% and the other ones kept below 2%.
- there is a little change in MEM usage (max difference ~0.1GiB).
- there is no change in swap.