I have installed debian many times before, with little problem.
What I did:
- add a vfat file system after the iso image
firmware-iwlwifi_20190114-1_all.debto this partition.
- boot installer (Bios mode)
- select advanced options
- select expert graphical install
- skip language and keyboard (this is what I remember from before, and don't see that it is relevant, and am getting fed up with doing it)
- load installation components. (this seems new)
- select load-media
- select load drivers from removable media This fails
Error: Detected removable media that is not known driver media. Please make sure that the correct media is inserted. You can still continue if you have an unofficial removable media you want to use.
Unknown removable media. Try to load anyway?
Error: There was a problem reading data from the removable media. Please make sure that the right media is present. If you continue to have trouble, your removable media might be bad.
Cannot read removable media, or no drivers found.
- Go to command line, type
mount /dev/sdb3 /media. This mounts the file-system. But I still get the same errors.