I've made a clean installation of Devuan ASCII and upgraded to Beowulf. I've logged in to Cinnamon, and things seem fine - except for controlling audio:
- There is no mixer up in the Start Menu by default
- If you install
alsamixergui- it does nothing (not even complain)
- If you instead
pavucontrol- you'll get the PusleAduio Volumne Control entry; but it will only tell you "Establishing connection to PulseAudio".
- If you manually start pulseaudio in a terminal - pavucontrol will work, but that's no way of doing things... also, it will show a "dummy" output device.
When starting pulseaudio manually, it says:
E: [pulseaudio] bluez5-util.c: GetManagedObjects() failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error. AccessDenied: Rejected send message, 2 matched rules; type="method_call", sender= ":1.121" (uid=1000 pid=9019 comm="pulseaudio ") interface="org.freedesktop.DBus. ObjectManager" member="GetManagedObjects" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination="org.bluez" (uid=0 pid=1972 comm="/usr/sbin/bluetoothd ")
- No volume control widget/applet on the taskbar
- Is this my fault for not having installed something critical?
- What can I do to resolve/circumnavigate around these this;