0

I have some JPEG files with Description metadata I added in MAC OS.
exiftool (in MAC) displays them in correct locale.

I copied those files to a Raspbian OS.

From command line or bash script I execute file path-to-jpeg The description part output replaces é by \303\251

First to lines of a bash script containing file echo are:

#!/bin/bash
export LC_ALL=C.UTF-8

From command line I also tried LC_ALL=C.UTF-8 file path-to-jpeg

  • I finally installed exiftool and use it instead of file – dstonek May 24 at 15:30

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.