Situation: MacBook Pro (late 2011/i3) with ArchBang has inconsistent network issues (very slow speed, pages fail to load, dns resolution failing).
systemctl restart NetworkManager.service corrects the problem but it reoccurs every 10 - 20 minutes of continuous internet use
- MacBook: ArchBang, wireless, 8-10 Mbps
- MacOS: wireless, 85 Mbps
- iPhone: iOS, wireless, ~25Mbps
- iMac: ArchBang, wired, ~110Mbps
MacBook ArchBang Setting
- /etc/hosts: normal/default
dbus-daemon: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit 'dbus-org.freedesktop.resolve1.service': Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.resolve1.service not found.
Attempts at correcting the issue
- Installed systemd-resolve and dnsmasq
- Installed dhcpcd and dhclient and ran them instead of NetworkManger's default.
- Changed IPV4 and IPV6 nameservers
- Reinstalled Arch
- Changing the wifi channel
- Router factory reset
- Installed broadcom-wl (with and without DKMS) b43
- Installed wicd and NetworkManger
- A number of combinations of the above.
All of these attempts (see the note below) have been successful for about three days, then the connection starts to become weak and unresponsive.
systemd-resolve made the problem instantly worst, the computer stopped connecting altogether.
How can I debug this issue ?