I've been unable to get WiFi reliably working firstly on Ubuntu and now on Arch. It potentially seems like a hardware issue, but it was flawless on Windows - then I switched to Ubuntu and it would occasionally connect after many times of trying, but it wouldn't last for long. I thought it was just a problem with Ubuntu so I switched to Arch but it's remained. And when it does work then it's painfully slow.
When I run wifi-menu I get the following:
Scanning for networks... Could not set interface wlp3s0 flags (UP): Input/output error n180211: Could not set interface 'wlp3s0' UP Could not set interface wlp3s0 flags (UP): Input/output error WEXT: Could not set interface 'wlp3s0' UP wlp3s0: Failed to initialize driver interface failed
But again, this is only when it stops working. Generally what happens is I turn on my computer, and the WiFi "works" although I need to keep reconnecting and it's very slow. Then after a while it cuts out seemingly permanently, and this is when the above errors occur.
I don't think it could be a hardware issue because it would be a massive coincidence for it to happen on the same day that I switch from Windows to Ubuntu. But the IO errors make me question this.
All other devices are fine so it's definitely my computer, unfortunately I don't have any other network to test with.