0

I have a Huawei me906e broadband modem (in a M.2 to USB adapter). In this modem I inserted a SIM card which I previously tested in my phone and it works fine. After several obstacles I managed to have this modem properly detected by networkmanager. I created a connection with default settings and it does connect:

enter image description here

As you see I have an IP address, it also detects two DNS servers. Now the problem is that it just doesn't work at all. If I open Network Tools from GNOME, I can see that the transmission and reception errors counters are going up constantly, all other counters are at zero all the time.

enter image description here

If I disable my regular ETH connection (so that this modem connection would be the only one available), I can ping only "myself" - trying to ping any of the two DNS servers or the 8.8.8.8 results in 100% packet loss.

This is actually the first time I try to use a broadband modem on a PC, so I just have no idea where to go from here.

EDIT: I've managed to get this working on Windows 7 running inside a Virtual Box, so the modem and the SIM card are both functional.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.