I have the following setup:
- /dev/sdX - disk (GPT table)
- /dev/sdX1 - regular partition
- /dev/sdX1/crypt - LUKS encrypted partition
- /dev/sdX1/crypt/lvm_vg - lvm volume group
- /dev/sdX1/crypt/lvm_vg/lvm_lv - lvm logical volume
Inside lvm_lv, there is a regular partition table (GPT) with two partitions, one EFI partition and one for the OS. lvm_lv and the partitions inside it are used by attaching lvm_lv to a KVM virtual machine.
How can I access the partitions inside lvm_lv without attaching it to a virtual machine? If I open crypt with cryptsetup, LVM detects lvm_vg.
This is a backup copy of another disk, you are wondering how this convoluted setup came to be.