- Everything was working fine. I could connect into the system with PuTTY, and everything would display correctly.
- I changed the language from English to Spanish using some GUI tool.
- I changed the language back to English again (i.e., everything should now be back to how it was).
- Various terminal programs no longer use the Unicode box-drawing characters any more.
lsblknow uses the verticle-pipe and backtick characters.
tmuxuses rows of
qand a few others).
- Problem appears both with and without
- Output from
localelooks the same as before.
- PuTTY has apparently set
TERM=xterm, which has what it was before.
I'm really not sure what other settings would affect terminal rendering... but this is really driving me nuts!