I have a VCSA that won't boot. It gets as far as:
A start job is running for dev-disk-by\x2dpar...dffa6b3c0a51f.device (no limit)
What I'm trying to do is track down that UUID so I can start troubleshooting. This what I've attempted so far:
- Tried emergency mode - can't get past the start job
- Mounted an Ubuntu Live ISO, mounted the / filesystem and checked fstab - No mention of 'dffa6b3c0a51f' or anything close
- Commented out the swap entries in /etc/fstab - same issue upon boot
- Checked /var/log/messages for any clues - last entry was 12/11/18
- Checked and force repaired all of the filesystem - including LVMs
- Copied the system.journal to the rescue system and attempted to read the entries - No entries, last entry was on 12/11/18
- Researched the error. Suggestions so far have been:
systemctl show -p RequiredBy -p WantedBy dev-disk-by...
systemctl list-units | grep dev-disk
The problem here is that I can't get past the start job message as it's set to infinite and I can't cancel it. I've tried adjusting the timeout in systemd.conf to 90s but it didn't take.
This is the fstab from the mounted partition:
This is what I'm seeing on boot:
So here I am. Has anyone encountered this before and if so, how did you fix it?