I'm trying to get SPI working on my board. That's what I came up:
- SPI is not enabled by default in armbian, we need to enable it first (enable corresponding DT overlay)
- in linux SPI can only be accessed via /dev/spidev*.* files
- if I don't see any spi devices in my dev folder then SPI is not enabled on my board
- in the latest versions of armbian spi can be enabled in armbain-config (under System/Hardware/spi-spidev)
- in previous versions it was needed to decompile
/boot/script.bininto fex file, enable SPI there and compile it back
I did clean install of Armbian Bionic (I also did try Stretch earlier), updated it and enabled spi-spidev, restarted the board but still got no spidev files.
Here is my
That's how I check if SPI is enabled:
dima@orangepipcplus:~$ cat /boot/armbianEnv.txt verbosity=1 logo=disabled console=both disp_mode=1920x1080p60 overlay_prefix=sun8i-h3 rootdev=UUID=09e9478d-c7f2-4b16-a2d7-66f5313ff813 rootfstype=ext4 overlays=spi-add-cs1 spi-jedec-nor spi-spidev usbstoragequirks=0x2537:0x1066:u,0x2537:0x1068:u dima@orangepipcplus:~$ ls /dev/*spi* ls: cannot access '/dev/*spi*': No such file or directory
BTW, my goal is to create smart home project with nrf24l01 communication, but I'm stuck on script error that says
could not open /dev/spidev0.0 (not exact paste)
So my question is: how to enable spi so that
/dev/spidev*.* files will appear?