I'm using lightweight VM lkvm which creates
tun interfaces on the host. Now I want to connect two instances of
lkvm over bridge interface, similar to what other VMs do:
VM1 VM2 +----------+ +-----------+ | | | | tap0 -----+eth0 eth1+--tap1-----tap2--+eth0 eth1+--tap3- | | | | +----------+ +-----------+
- both VMs have routing enabled, and rp_filter disabled (not sure it's needed, but I read it somewhere, so disabled just in case)
- both VMs have relevant routes installed
- both VMs have correct IP addresses set on the interfaces
- bridge interface was created on host with
iptool, set up and running,
tap2are added in the bridge (no IP addresses were added on
tap2or bridge device -- not sure if it matters)
- enabled IP forwarding on the host
- subnets as follows VM1 eth0 18.104.22.168/24 eth1 22.214.171.124/24 VM2 eth0 126.96.36.199/24 eth1 188.8.131.52/24
However it doesn't work for some reasons. I can't
ping from VM1 eth1->tap1->br->tap2->eth0 (although I see packets on tap1 and bridge device, but not on tap2) or the other way around from VM2.
What am I doing wrong?