I have a program running on my local machine that prints data to port 50000. In a terminal on my local machine I run nc to connect to and print the data on the port. However, when using nc in terminal to establish the connection I get no response. I have used wireshark, netstat, nmap, and tcpdump trying to figure out why this connection can't be established. From what I can tell:
- the terminal sends the SYN packet
- the terminal retransmits the SYN packet continuously
- the SYN/ACK packet is never sent
- there are no dropped packets on any interface
- iptables is told to accept all packets
I can't seem to figure out why the SYN/ACK packet is never sent back. Any ideas?