What I wanted to do: Play MotoGP2015...
What I tried to do: I installed the game by using an ISO FIle and using PlayOnLinux for the .exe.
The PleyOnLinus crash problem: I double click on the launch icon but POL crashes without providing any valuable information for fixing the problem.
- MINIMUM: OS: Windows Vista SP2 / Windows 7 SP1 / Windows 8 / Windows 8.1
- Processor: Intel Core i3-530 @ 2.93 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 850 @ 3.30 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 @ 1GB / ATI Radeon HD 6790 @ 1GB* * DirectX: Version 10 Hard Drive: 30 GB available space
- Sound Card:
- DirectX compatible Additional Notes:
- Laptop versions of graphics cards may work but are not officially supported.
- OS: Windows 7 SP1 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit / Windows 8.1 64-Bit
- Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.4 GHz / AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 / AMD Radeon R9 290X
- DirectX: Version 11
- Additional Notes: *Laptop versions of graphics cards may work but are not officially supported.
- NAME="Linux Mint" VERSION="19 (Tara)" 4
- Language : Spanish
MY LAPTOP: * HP 250 G6 Notebook PC * Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz Core Count: 2 Core Enabled: 2 Thread Count: 4 64-bit capable Multi-Core * Intel Corporation HD Graphics 620
What happened step by step:
I downloaded the MotoGp2015 ISO FILE on skidrowcodex.com /motogp-15-pc-codex-torrent-download/ , It is about 20 Gb.
I installed PlayOnLinux by terminal:
playonlinux is already a newer version (4.2.12-1)
I installed WineTricks by terminal:
winetricks is already a newer version (0.0+20180217-1)
I installed the
msxml6using WineTricks. (I needed it for running another software).
I created a mounting folder named
mnt/isomgp2015for unpacking the ISO FILE of MotoGp2015 by terminal.
I mounted the MotoGP2015
.isofile as follows:
root@mau-HP:~/mnt/isomgp15# mount -o loop /home/mau/Escritorio/ISOMOTOGP15/mgp.iso /home/mau/mnt/isomgp15/ mount: /home/mau/mnt/isomgp15: ATENCIÓN: el dispositivo está protegido contra escritura; se monta como sólo lectura.
/home/mau/Escritorio/ISOMOTOGP15/mgp.iso is the location of the ISO file and
/home/mau/mnt/isomgp15/ the destination of the mounted iso.
(I am asking myself if the ATENCIÓN warning can be a problem?)
I run the .exe file on PlayOnLinux
and got this message:
runtime error 229
and I discover that the cause is because PlayOnLinux is running as Windows 7 as default windows version.
I then run the .exe file again in PlayOnLinux selecting Windows XP version and the install program launches! (it also launches with vista version)
See all files installed in the list below
I followed the steps through the installation wizard and created some shortcuts on desktop.
I copy-pasted the dll and other files for activation in the folder in the picture using PlayOnLinux following the website instructions from where I downloaded the ISO file (that works in genuine windows 10 environment).
I launched the shortcut and Pol_WIne crashes and game does not start.
I also tried to install directX but that did not work.