I currently have a script that copy the content of a microSD card to the eMMC of a BeagleBone Black. Once the copy is done, I would like to switch root filesystem for the eMMC and finish installing packages.
My process would looks like this :
- Insert microSD card into BeagleBone Black
- Hold boot switch while applying power
- rc.local copy microSD to eMMC
- rc.local switch root filesystem from microSD to eMMC
- rc.local continues installing (now on eMMC)
OS used is SlackwareARM 14.1.
Note : the process could be called from somewhere else if possible, ie : earlier in init or from u-boot.