I started to use Linux Mint 13 MATE a few days ago. What frustrates me most is that I can't found anywhere to change my input language. In Windows, it is easy, just Ctrl+Shift. How can I configure the input and switch between them? Specifically I need a Chinese Traditional Input - Quick.
There are a few steps involved, as ibus and ibus-pinyin are not installed by default.
- Install Chinese Language support via "Language Support" in the Control Center
- Install the ibus and ibus-pinyin packages (using Synaptic or apt)
- Reopen "Language Support" and change keyboard input to ibus
- Run System Tools > ibus and select either pinyin or bopomofo as your input method
- I had to restart at this point
- Ctrl+Space is the default shortcut to activate ibus input