I have the default output set to my speakers, but sometimes, Chrome will ignore this and use my second audio output, my usb headphones. I originally had Tumbleweed installed on my desktop, where this issue did not occur. The version of Chrome has remained the same, so I do not believe it's related to chrome.
The only way I can get Chrome to use the default output is by, using the audio widget, swapping the default device to my other device and back to the original one. (Edit: pavucontrol has the same effect).
Edit: Also, if I open a new tab, it just goes back to using the other audio device instead of the current default. So I have to repeat the above process every time I open a new tab.
Edit2: Paused a Youtube video and walked away to use the bathroom, came back, unpaused the video and the audio output again went back to the other output. It turns out opening a new tab doesn't fallback to the wrong device, it's time based.
Edit3: I've restarted pulseaudio with verbose logging, but have yet to have this issue reoccur, so maybe that information is useful.
Edit4: Readded relevant information to the question that was erroneously removed by a mod.