I am trying to install FreeBSD 11.1 on AMD based board. But installation fails and the system reboots. This happens repeatedly.
Here is what I am doing:
- I have created a bootable USB media with 11.1 memstick image (checksum verified)
- I chose USB as my first boot device in my BIOS (Aptio v2.18 - UEFI based)
- I see the FreeBSD boot loader menu (giving options for multi user,single user etc.,)
- I chose multi-user boot. I see the hardware probe is starting and shortly after that system reboots before I get the "Welcome menu"(which will have the install option). I see a trace flashing before the system reboots (but couldn't capture it).
Note: I see the same behaviour when I try with single user mode (or) safe boot "on". I don't see the option for "ACPI support" in "Boot options menu". So, I assume it's disabled already.
- Could this be related to BIOS? If so, how? I tried with 10.4 UEFI memstick image also. Same behaviour seen
- Is there any way I can capture the hardware probe logs to a file (because it just flashes and reboots) (other than serial console)
- Is there any way I can prevent rebooting (if there is a panic) from boot loader prompt? I tried boot_pause set to 1. But when I continue booting, system hangs.
I see a similar issue reported here but the suggested solution doesn't help my case.
Am I missing something here?