I am trying to get Network statistics on Solaris 10
Something like this when I was working on Linux::
02:42:06 IST IFACE rxpck/s txpck/s rxkB/s txkB/s rxcmp/s txcmp/s rxmcst/s 02:42:07 IST ens192 8.00 0.00 0.52 0.00 0.00 0.00 1.00 02:42:07 IST lo 43.00 43.00 7.98 7.98 0.00 0.00 0.00
The issue regarding this is that we can not expect user to install any additional packages apart from preinstalled packages.
What I have tried and corresponding problem:
- dladm show-dev -s: it shows total sent and received packages. and I need per second sent and received
- dladm show-dev -s -i 1: It does not stop. Which can not be acceptable as the script should proceed further to index data in Splunk.
- dlstat: This command would do the trick, but it is not pre-installed in Solaris.
- doubt here :: is there a way to install dlstat on solaris.?
- nicstat: not preinstalled on solaris 10 or 11.
Is there any way to get this fields without installing any additional packages?
Note: Subtracting total sent and received package manually is unreliable in the case and would not be approved further for implementation.
Thank you in advanced.