I am using manjaro i3 and am looking into revamping some of the key mappings I have made. Currently I am using xcape, xmodmap, and setxkbmap commands to remap the following keys:
- caps to contol when held, escape when pressed
- swap semi colon and colon
I have done this with this setup script:
setxkbmap -option 'caps:ctrl_modifier' xcape -e 'Caps_Lock=Escape' xmodmap -e "keycode 47 = colon semicolon"
I wanted to ask for some help or advice for the additional changes I am looking to make since I have already broken my key mappings and had to reinstall my os to get back to square one when playing around with the print screen remapping listed below. The changes I am looking to make are the following:
- print screen --> disable or use as another super key
- left alt --> mode_switch key
- escape key --> tilde and backtick
- original tild and back tick --> backspace
- backspace --> delete
- disable home, end, insert, delete keys and map them to run some script
- mode_switch + h, j, k, l --> additional arrow keys
- mode_switch + backspace --> home
- mode_switch + delete --> end
What tools should I be using to acccomplish these remappings? Also, if anyone has some similar examples they have used in the past that would be really helpful too! Thanks in advance for any help.