I have set up an Arch Linux system which had XFCE4 as a DE installed. While setting it up the way I like, I needed to reboot the machine. After that, my network interface was not found, I could not start Xorg ("Screens not found", but that's another problem...) and lightdm was broken (also another problem)
If I type "ip a" now, I only get the entry of "lo", while the interface which I used before was named "enp58s0f1".
I used both a repeater (which is connected to the router) and the ethernet connection directly, but both of them result in the same output...
I am pretty sure that it can't really be a driver/hardware error, for it already worked for a long time and i have several other distributions installed on the same machine on which there aren't any connection problems.
The problem already occured to other people, but none of the hints and solutions there worked for me.
Thanks for potential help, Alexander Schoch
The following are photos of
lspci -vv. I am really sorry to have made photos, but i cannot save the output to a file and i am not using a virtualbox...
pacman -Q linux && uname -r results in
linux 4.15.1-2 and
4.14.15-1-ARCH, respecitvely. I see that there is a mismatch...
mkinitcpio -k 4.15.1-2-ARCH resulted in a positive result: It started a "dry run" (whatever that means)