I installed a debian distribution and by mistake created a swap partition with the size of 3MB instead of 3GB. As one can imagine the system is not running very smooth, as soon as enough memory is used (some opened tabs in the web-browser etc.) the hard-drive starts to work like crazy and the whole system almost freezes.

To temporarily work around a proper solution and resize this partition to an appropriate amount of gigabytes, is there a way to move the swap space for an example to the users $HOME directory?

  • 1
    You can try swapoff, delete swap, recreate swap with the intended size, update fstab. – user252181 Jan 30 '18 at 1:06
  • 1
    You can create a swap file, using the instructions here: unix.stackexchange.com/questions/238783/… – Time4Tea Jan 30 '18 at 1:11

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.