I have problems with wifi network - I can see list of SSIDs but can't connect to anyone. Wifi adapter:

 - Bus 007 Device 003: ID 148f:3070
   Ralink Technology, Corp. RT2870/RT3070 Wireless Adapter


System version:

Linux debian 4.9.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.65-3 (2017-12-03) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Chipset drivers works (can see SSID). What can I do more to solve this problem? Thanks for any response.

lspci -knn | grep Net -A2
 - 05:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: 
Broadcom Limited NetXtreme
   BCM5761 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe [14e4:1681] (rev 10)   Subsystem: Dell
   NetXtreme BCM5761 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe [1028:0293]  Kernel driver in
   use: tg3     Kernel modules: tg3

I post result of lsmod | grep rt2:

rt2800usb              28672  0 
rt2x00usb              24576  1 rt2800usb 
rt2800lib              94208  1 rt2800usb 
rt2x00lib              53248  3 rt2800lib,rt2800usb,rt2x00usb
mac80211              671744  3 rt2800lib,rt2x00lib,rt2x00usb 
cfg80211              589824  2rt2x00lib,mac80211 
crc_ccitt              16384  1 rt2800lib 
usbcore               249856 usbhid,rt2800usb,rt2x00usb,ehci_hcd,uhci_hcd,usblp,ehci_pci
  • It's posted informations about ethernet card. – Fasset Jan 28 '18 at 18:53
  • @A.B I know - I have installed package wpasupplicant. – Fasset Jan 28 '18 at 20:49
  • 1
    I have one of those usb wifi chipsets, and while it is detected pretty well, it is fairly buggy. – Rui F Ribeiro Jan 29 '18 at 10:36

Since you are using Debian. Please read the official Debian documentation in the Debian Wiki as found here.

Your card is listed under "supported devices", so it should work:

USB: 148F:3070 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT2870/RT3070 Wireless Adapter

  • I know - specially I bought card with Debian compatible chipset.I have downloaded drivers from you link earlier. Thanks for response. – Fasset Jan 28 '18 at 18:51

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.