I just installed NetBSD 7.1.1 (i386) on my old laptop.
During the installation, I could not install pgkin (I don't know why), so I skipped it and now I have a NetBSD 7.1.1 installed on my laptop without pkgin.
My problem is "How to install pkgin on NetBSD (i386) ?"
I found this (Click) tutorial and I followed it:
I tried :
#export PKG_PATH="http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/6.0_BETA_current/All/" # pkg_add -v pkgin
And I got :
pkg_add: Can't process ftp://ftp.netbsd.org:80/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/6.0_BETA_current/All/%0d/pkgin*: Not Found pkg_add: no pkg found for 'pkgin',sorry. pkg_add: 1 package addition failed
I know this is a wrong command because this ftp address is for amd64 while my laptop and NetBSD is i386. (I can't find the correct command for i386 )
I also followed instructions of pkgin.net (Click), and I did
git clone https://github.com/NetBSDfr/pkgin.git
on another computer and copied the output (which is a folder name pkgin) to my NetBSD (my NetBSD doesn't have 'git' command)
and then I did :
./configure --prefix=/usr/pkg --with-libraries=/usr/pkg/lib --with-includes=/usr/pkg/include
and then :
but I got :
# compile pkgin/summary.o gcc -O2 -std=gnu99 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-traditional -Wa,--fatal-warnings -Wreturn-type -Wswitch -Wshadow -Werror -DPKGIN_VERSION=\""0.9.4 for NetBSD-7.1.1 i386"\" -DNETBSD -g -DLOCALBASE=\"/usr/local\" -DPKG_SYSCONFDIR=\"/usr/local/etc\" -DPKG_DBDIR="\"/var/db/pkg\"" -DDEF_LOG_DIR="\"/var/db/pkg\"" -DPKGIN_DB=\"/var/db/pkgin\" -DPKGTOOLS=\"/usr/local/sbin\" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGE_FILES -DCHECK_MACHINE_ARCH=\"i386\" -Iexternal -I. -I/usr/local/include -c summary.c *** Error code 1 Stop. make: stopped in /root/pkgin
I think this error is because of the dependencies. (which is mentioned in pkgin.net) but still, don't know how to install those dependencies.
EDIT: I found "http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/i386/7.1.1/All/" but it still says
no pkg fond for 'pkgin', sorry
Problem solved by writing 7.1 instead of 7.1.1