This problem Of Gnome Sushi has persisted long time in Debian Stretch. It is connected to the preview manager, Sushi, in the file manager, which breaks the system
- if you type any other key before the loading preview window is successful.
- or you repetedly open Sushi with space - - I think the problem is connected with pressing some other key while the preview window of Sushi is not yet loaded.
I do not find the approriate bug report about the case here in the Nautilus bug tracker. Procedure
- Press space to preview a file, etc a big .ppt/.pdf/... file.
- Try to move away from the file, while the system is loading the preview.
- Result: keyboard is not sensititive any more, only mouse moves, but no TTY switch works etc.
Verified the problem with 10th Jan 2018 Debian version too in the second hardware.
OS: Linux Debian Stretch 9.1
Window manager: Gnome stable
Ticket: Gnome Nautilus here
Hardware: Asus Zenbook UX303UA R4028T