I researched the problem and found about the
/var/log/pacman.log. I read the log and found that the problem was:
[2017-11-28 04:34] [ALPM] upgraded libmariadbclient (10.1.28-1 -> 10.1.29-1)
[2017-11-28 04:34] [ALPM] transaction interrupted
The update was interrupted, hence the linkage problem.
I then downloaded the firmware from here. I extracted the missing library:
$ gunzip ArchLinuxARM-rpi-latest.tar.gz
$ tar -tf ArchLinuxARM-rpi-latest.tar |grep libicuuc.so.59
$ tar -xf ArchLinuxARM-rpi-latest.tar ./usr/lib/libicuuc.so.59.1
$ tar -xf ArchLinuxARM-rpi-latest.tar ./usr/lib/libicuuc.so.59
libicuuc.so.59 was a symlink to
libicuuc.so.59.1, so I moved
pacman I got the error that
libicudata.so.59 was missing. I extracted the missing library to
pacman was working :).
I then updated the system with
pacman -Syuq and checked with
ldd /usr/bin/pacman that all libraries were present. I moved the v59 libraries from
/usr/lib and checked that
pacman was working.
Reboot with fingers crossed... successfully!!!
pacman -Sc and go to bed with a smile :)