I know that there are Linux distributions (e.g: ubuntu) that can be partially adapted to physical mac keyboard and its layout but it is clunky and only covers some scenarios. I was hoping there is one distro that specifically supports such layout out of the box. I am particularly interested in these Mac-like keyboard shortcuts:
- cancel an app in terminal: ctrl+C
- and copy to clipboard: cmd+C
Ideally, I'd want to see a distro deriving from Debian, Redhat or even Alpine that has:
- majority of window keys covered (switching between apps, closing windows, refreshing web pages in a browser, etc).
- apps such as word processor, file editor, terminal and browser; support copying and pasting in Mac style using cmd+C, cmd+V.
- has a search box, similar to Apple's Spotlight Search