Hello I'm running Kali Linux on VirtualBox. I'm attempting to run a Bridged Adapter connection. Relevant details:
(In VM) Name: Kali Operating System: Ubuntu (64-bit)
Adapter 1: Intel PRO/1000 MT Desktop, (Bridged Adapter, Microsoft Network Adapter, Multiplexor Driver)
(Host machine) Host Machine (Windows 10) Wireless adapter: Intel (R) Dual Band Wireless AC-3165
I'm following a tutorial as well as tinkering around after reading various tutorials online. What I have done so far:
- Selected 'Bridged Adapter' from the dropdown in network settings in VM
- Selected 'Allow VMs' from 'Promiscuous Mode:' in VM settings.
- Checked 'Cable Connected' in VM settings.
- Created a bridge in Windows network settings between my Windows Wireless adapter and the VM adapter. It has created 'Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Driver' in Windows Network Settings.
- I've selected Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Driver in network settings in VM.
- In Kali I have changed managed=false to managed=true in NetworkManager.conf as per instructions in tutorial.
And according to various sources it should be as simple as that. When I ping a well known domain to test, it hangs for a few seconds and I get 'Name or service not known'. I've been messing around with this for some time with no success. Does anyone have any ideas. Any help much appreciated.